Squire Sanders is pleased to participate in Law Seminars International’s “SEC’s Conflict Minerals Rules – Impacts of the New Rule and Strategies for Compliance” webinar on August 27, 2013. The webinar is from 3:00 to 4:00 P.M. EDT.
Partner Dynda A. Thomas, leader of the firm’s conflict minerals team, will be a member of the panel exploring ramifications of the conflict minerals rule and offering practical tips for achieving compliance.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Which entities may be subject to the rule;
- Immediate steps for companies just starting their compliance efforts;
- Practical tips for conducting required “reasonable country of origin inquiries” and due diligence investigations that will withstand SEC scrutiny;
- Strategies for dealing with suppliers and vendors in a conflict mineral supply chain;
- Concerns reporting issuers may face in obtaining an audit of a required conflict mineral report; and
- How in-house counsel and compliance officers should be communicating with their boards and audit committees about the rule and their company’s compliance program.
For more information, or to register, please visit the event website.