Even before our blog was introduced last week, clients and friends were using reference materials and resources we posted or developed since the Conflict Minerals Rule was issued in August of 2012. Here are several of the most widely used reference materials and resources. We are making them available so that you can use them as you develop your own policies and procedures:
- A short introduction to the Rule ideal for Board members and executive officers
- A more complete summary of the key provisions of the Rule presenting important definitions and the Rule’s 3-step analysis
- The full text of the 356- page SEC Release of August 22, 2012
- Form SD with instructions drawn from the SEC Release
- Squire Sanders’ widely-recognized Interactive Flowchart, adapting the SEC’s flowchart and annotating relevant provisions from the full SEC Release
- The Amended Complaint challenging the SEC Rule
These reference materials and tools are now found under “Resources and Tools” on this blog. Of course, we’ll call your attention to other useful tools and reference materials as they become available.